My Desk | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: My Desk

Friday, January 16, 2015

My Desk

Hello!

Today I am going to share with you how I style my desk. I am a college student, so this is an important space for me to have and use. I think the thing that works with my desk is that I keep it tidy so that when I need to use it I do. Also because it looks great I don't mind so much when I do have to use it.

I bought the desk at Warehouse Stationery, I scored this one for $120, I originally wanted one with one long drawer on the front, but I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for on my budget. But I have now come to love the look of it (especially the glass top).

The chair I bought for $55 here and it is the perfect height for my desk as well as being super-duper comfy. I love that it is just simple as well as being easy to lift in and out, something that I find a lo t of chairs are not. I also love the fact that I managed to get it at 60% off (yay!).

The lamp was the one thing that I really love about my desk. I wanted something that was able to reach over so I could see what I am working on, because I sit with the window behind me it makes my workspace a little darker than I would like. This lamp was purchased here for $60 (yay 50% off as well).

The owl pen holder was a gift last Christmas, and it is amazing how it goes so well with my lamp now. The cup was bought from Kikki. K and with a $10 birthday voucher only cost me $2.90 (bargain!!). I did have a succulent in it but I may have over-watered it... So now it houses my washi tape collection. The frame was a gift from my grandmother and it has a picture of me and my friends, something that always makes me happy, as I only see a lot of them at this time of year. The crystal bowl with post-its in it is one of my grandmother's as well.

The most recent addition to my little study nook is my bookshelf, I had great fun styling this and I am still looking for extra pieces to help fill it up. So that will be revealed later.

Inside the drawer I have all of my pens, pencils, felt-tips and even some crayons as well as my label maker and tapes. The drawer also hold my calculator (in the case that I made for it), scissors, stickers, a notebook elastic from Kikki. K and my portable hard-drive. Also currently it has an old film canister covered with washi tape that I used to hold my headphones. 


Now I have a nice tidy and very adorable desk area that I love and will use often, mainly just because I feel important sitting at this desk.

What is your desk area like? Does it being cute make you want to use it more too?

No comments:

Post a Comment