Budget Organizer | Polka Dots and Rainy Days: Budget Organizer

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Budget Organizer

 I love organizing. I love the way that it makes you feel lighter and just generally better after you have tackled a project. I hate it when you organize something then after a while it looks like this....
 I know, it is really really bad. But wait it gets worse.... This is our bill paying cupboard. These are our bills. There is no organization system. If you want to find something in a hurry you are dead out of luck because it is all in different books, in envelopes thrown into the cupboard and tied together with a rubber-band (don't even get me started on the rubber-band).

So I decided to do something about this shambles I created a Budget and Bills Organizer. These handy sheets were created by me to work purposefully for us. So I thought that I would share with you the system that is soon going to be in place (I just need to buy a binder and dividers). I printed six months of these pages so we will try them out and see what works and what doesn't.
This is the monthly budget page, where everything is budgeted for and then the actual amounts are put in. This allows us to keep track of both the incoming and outgoing money for each month. On the back of this page is a notes page, useful for working out balances and other miscellaneous notes.
The next page is a transactions sheet, this page allows us to track all of the money we have spent and what it was spent on. There are two of these for each month.

Other pages that are in our new Budget Binder are a checkbook register because the one in the checkbook is always so small, a monthly bills page to keep track of when bills are due, a calendar and a cover-page. I will let you know how this system works out for us. I will put some dividers at the back and label them as either a space to store old bills or to divide the months, I am not quite sure yet.

How do you organize your bills and budget? Are there any special ways that you feel are really helpful in staying organized when it comes to you budget? 

No comments:

Post a Comment